If you read this title and wondered what the heck I was writing about, let me fill you in: I'm pregnant! Brandon and I announced the pregnancy on Instagram a couple months ago, which is pretty early considering most couples wait until right around now to spill the news. Props to those who wait this long, I was ready to tell basically everyone the moment I found out.
I haven't had much energy to document the first 13 weeks, but I did keep a running list of things I've been thinking of and experiencing during this trimester. I thought it'd be fun to share them with you, plus I've shared the story of how we found out I was pregnant and how we told our parents over on my YouTube channel (video's down below).
Hint: it was right after our trip to San Francisco.
Alright, here's my list of 13 things from the first 13 weeks.
- I want orange juice. I'm settling for real oranges
- Missing runny egg yolk breakfasts
- Oh, so THIS is fatigue
- Weird that I feel so different and don't look different at all
- Not buying any shoes because what if my feet grow?
- Gimme anything chocolate
- I can't tell if I'm bloated or showing
- Is it weird that I sleep holding my belly where I think the baby is?
- How am I waking up with the gnarliest burps? I haven't even eaten anything!
- Yes to chicken and fish, no way to ground turkey
- All I want for breakfast are Eggos smothered in butter and covered in syrup
- Overalls are life (see my instagram – or above – if you doubt me)
- Coffee forced its way back into my life and honestly? I'm not mad about it. It's nice to have a sliver of pre-pregnancy normal